Oh Crumbs Chief

Friday, November 17, 2006

once a month is good...

Apparently my updates are now monthly. That's not very fun, but I'm sensing that other people's autumns are similarly busy.

I had another doctor's appointment last night - in the last month I've put on eight pounds. EIGHT pounds!!! In one month. Goodness! The Dr. said that's just my body playing catch-up from the first trimester where I lost weight, but it seems like a lot. She did suggest that I not continue to pack on eight pounds a month. No more chips for me. :(

I also started a pre-natal yoga class which is lots of fun except pregnant women fart and it's kind of hard for me not to giggle when it happens (to other people - I specifically don't eat beforehand so I won't have to do that!). Also, the room smells icky sometimes.

Other than that, I've just been working. It's really all I do and it's getting very frustrating. Apparently there was a sale on pedestals at the beginning of the school year and all the adults I have to deal with have been using theirs religously. I thought my reaction to people might be because of hormones, but other non-pregnant people agree with me - people are being downright mean. I think I just need to move off the east coast. :)

Our house is painted - FINALLY! All we have left is the nursery. Oh - and it's November and the praying mantis is STILL hanging out on our snake bush - it's amazing. It's been kind of warm, so I guess it's understandable. Also, our last rose just bloomed but is already starting to wilt. It's still nice to see that shocking pink color at Thanksgiving-time though!

Speaking of which, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. Enjoy time spent with lots (or little!) of family, good food, and any other traditions you have or may be starting!

2 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Stu said...

Thanks for the good wishes! I hope your Thanksgiving is fantastic.

Sorry about the icky farty smell, but don't hesitate to laugh. Farts are inherently funny and should be enjoyed.

Congrats on the paint completion! What are the colors? And what are your plans for the nursery?

We have roses in our backyard, so I can empathize with that wonderful feeling of seeing the color. Have fun! And you and your womb-mate are in our prayers.

 
At 3:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait, my Mousie friend. Once that Baby Mouse arrives, you'll think that once a month posting is an incredible achievement...

After your description of pre-natal yoga, I'm glad I'm not in that class! I would be LOL all the time!

I think that the pedestals were handed out with little or no regard for who might be using them. We have one or two around here that could stand to be taken down a notch. Or just knocked right off of their lofty perched altogether. It seems to me that some people should just go *hibernate* at the start of winter, and leave the rest of us alone.

Congrats on getting the house painted! You'll have to post pictures of the nursery as you get it done! Just wait till that "nesting instinct" kicks in during the third trimester - you'll get everything done at once!

T. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home