Oh Crumbs Chief

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A brief interruption

Since this blog is supposed to be about my pregnancy and all, I thought I'd mention that we had a doctor's appointment last night. We got to hear the heartbeat and the doctor said that everything sounds/feels great! Neither of those sentences appropriately conveys my excitement, but oh well. I'm eating rice for dinner, so it's only fitting that my blog also be bland.

I also told my work today. I typed out a little work plan entitled: Danger Mouse's Pregnancy Work Plan. My boss looked at it, read it out loud, and then asked: "Wait. Does this mean you're pregnant?" FYI, the second line of the document said: Due Date: 3/18/07. Heehee. And he has four kids... But, everyone at work was very excited for me, and they said that for the first couple of months, as an alternative to paying for child care, I could bring the baby to the office with me!!! (I know that's just because they want me there working, but hey, it's still a great deal.) This is after my six weeks post-delivery that I have off, and I got a raise too! Please note that if the baby has colic as I did, neither of us will be going to the office.

So, all in all, I've had a wonderful two days. :)

And, Chris helped me remember what we did the rest of the time in Munich, so I promise that is coming up soon!

2 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Stu said...

I totally vote for more pregnancy posts. I know I'm not the only one who is excited for you and is wishing you a healthy and safe and sane tenure as Gestational Overlord.

 
At 2:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that is such a great day!

To think that you'll be able to take your little Baby Mouse to work with you - that must make you feel so happy! :)

My FIL works in a family-oriented office; he is used to toddlers coloring all over his morning reports, and after school is out, all the kids come to the office until thier parent is done for the day. They have juice boxes in the fridge, and more Legos than Toys R Us.

You can't be hired there if you don't like kids. All of Dad's clients are used to it, and no one minds at all; they all think it's great.

I hope (with all of my heart) that more employers will begin to see that Mommies and Daddies who have thier kids with them at work are happier, healthier, and can be as productive (if not more so) than those who have to leave their babies somewhere else.

Congrats on the raise, too! :)

T. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home