Oh Crumbs Chief

Monday, August 14, 2006

Prelude to a trip

Ah, before I recount my travels to munich and the surroundings of bavaria, there are a few items I must point out.

Exhibit 1:
I love to go on vacation. My husband, on the other hand, prefers trips. For anyone who cannot identify the difference, I like to lay on my butt in the sun and read. And eat. And possibly stroll down to water (lake, river, ocean, pool) and go swimming. My husband likes to run around like a maniac trying to see everything there is to see and to find all these "secret" local places that he might just be making up.

Anyway, that being said, I agreed to go on this "trip" because we both know it will be the last time for a few years that we may be able to run around being somewhat irresponsible by ourselves.

Exhibit 2:
The Zofran worked! Thanks to all who sent along motion/morning sickness remedies. I've been taking the Flintstones vitamins, which i didn't like the taste of when I was a kid, so one can only imagine the gagging faces I make now. But I can deal with slightly fruity tasting chalk for a minute each day much better than I can deal with continuous dry-heaving. By the way, Chris did offer me a beer on the trip... at which point, I looked at him and said, seriously? He caught on quickly and expressed the proper embarrasment.

Exhibit 3:
I need to practice my German. Although it is not bad (for an American, I guess), every time I tried to order something from a German menu they asked me if I wanted an English one. Grrr.


I think that's about it for the prelude... it's going to take me a couple of days to update with the rest of the trip.... I have to remember when/where everything happened. Until then, tschuss!

From the land of settled stomachs,
Danger Mouse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home