Oh Crumbs Chief

Monday, September 11, 2006

Re-Wind

LOTS has happened! All good, thankfully. I'll go in date order, because I can't remember anything without looking at a calendar.

9/2 - I met my sister in Va. Beach for the 1/2 marathon we were supposed to run that Sunday. She didn't know about my pregnancy or that I wasn't running, so she was quite shocked (and happy) when I told her the truth.
And it goes a little something like this:
Bis Sis' and I are out for a big pre-race pasta dinner. Drinks arrive, before Big Sis can take a sip, I say, "Wait, I have a toast. Here's to good news and bad news. The bad news is that I'm not running tomorrow (insert Big Sis looking like she is going to strangle me at this point). The good news is you are going to be an Aunt!!"
Needles to say, she was caught off guard, but once the initial surprise wore off, she was very excited. She can't decide if she wants to be called "Auntie (On-tee)" or "Auntie (Ant-tee)," though.
We also called my oldest brother, who owns a bar. He wasn't there are first, so I left a message saying that Big Sis and I had a secret to tell him. He called back and he liked my secret! I told him I didn't want to call at night because I didn't want him to be responsible for giving the whole bar a drink on the house!

9/5 - MY FIRST ULTRASOUND!!!!
This was one of the most surreal moments of my life. The technology is absolutely amazing. Baby Mouse is healthy and happy - he/she waved at us! One little leg was crossed over the other one, and I commented to Chris: "Look, that's just the way I lay on the couch!" The technician took some pictures, and I look at them all the time. I love my baby! The tech also said she would give us an educated guess on what the gender is, even though it's better to wait to the 20th week. As soon as she put the camera thingy (I myself am quite technical, can't you tell) on my belly, she said, "Oh! I can tell you what the gender is if you want to know!" So, Chris and I know what we are having, but we are waiting until the 20th week to find out for sure. I'll let you, dear readers, vote as to whether or not you would like to know now.

9/10 - Grandparents' Day
My dad came for dinner, and as soon as he walked in the door I gave him a homemade card with an ultrasound picture on it that said "Happy Grandparents' Day to the Best Grandpa-to-be in the World!!!" It took him five seconds to comprehend what it was and then say, "Really?" He too, was shocked (At first he was more shocked that my sister kept the secret for a whole week. One of her nicknames is Mouth.). But once he got over the shock and was able to put the U/S picture away (they make him nervous), he was also very excited. Then I got to call my grandma and tell her, and she was the most excited out of anyone! That made me so happy, I love my grandma very, very much (Why do I all of sudden sound (read?) like I'm five?). So the only immediate family members who don't know are my other brother (who I am closest with, so it's odd I haven't told him yet), and my mother (who I'm not close to at all), and I'll take care of that soon. We also have to tell Chris' mom and sister.

HA - now my plan of world dominance (for at least the next six months) is underway!

1 Comments:

At 1:15 AM, Blogger Stu said...

Great post, really touching.

I think you should decide whether to tell people or not. There are benefits to both.

If no one has said this yet, Sleep! Get as much sleep as you possibly can, as you won't get much once the baby's born.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home